[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"MILTON-ERNEST, a parish forming, with the parishes of Clapham and Oakley, a detached portion of the hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 5 miles (N. W. byN.) from Bedford, containing 364 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the Icing's books at £7. 6. 8. Edmund Turner, Esq. was patron in 1825. The church is dedicated to All Saints. An ahnshouse for six poor persons was founded, in 1693, by Sir Edmund Turnor, who endowed it with lands now producing about £40 per annum."