GENUKI Home page    Pavenham Parish<br>main page Pavenham
Parish
main page

PAVENHAM:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1898.

[Transcribed information from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire - 1898]

"PAVENHAM, a parish and pretty village, bounded on the south and east by the river Ouse, 2 miles north from the Oakley station on the main line of the Midland railway, and 6 north-west from Bedford, in the Northern division of the county, Sharnbrook petty sessional division, hundred of Willey, union and county court district of Bedford, rural deanery of Felmersham, archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Ely.

The soil is clay; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat and barley. The area is 1,345 acres of land and 25 of water; rateable value, £4,317; the population in 1891 was 387."

[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards 2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson 2010]
[from Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014