GENUKI Home page    Pertenhall Parish<br>main page Pertenhall
Parish
main page

PERTENHALL:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)

"PERTENHALL, a parish in the hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 2 miles (S. W. byS.) from Kimbolton. containing 324 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £18, and in the patronage of the Rev. J. R. Martyn. The church is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul. Here was formerly a preceptory of the Knights Templars, of which only the site, surrounded with a moat, is now remaining. There is a chalybeate spring, called Chad-well."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie 2010]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014