[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750]
(unless otherwise stated)
"POTTON, (Bedfordshire) 37 cm. 43 mm. from London, on the b. of Cambridgeshire, was given to Tho. Plantagenet, E. of Lancaster, by Mr. John Kinaston. It has a Mt. on S. fairs the 3d Tu. in Jan. and July, and on Good-Fr. It is pleasantly situate and well watered, though in a sandy, barren soil; and Sir John Burgoyne, Bt. has a seat bet. this and Sutton."