[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831] (unless otherwise stated)
"PULLOXHILL, a parish in the hundred of FLITT, county of BEDFORD, 2¼ miles (south-west) from Silsoe, containing 475 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £9.10., and in the patronage of the Countess de Grey. The church is dedicated to St. James. A vein of gold has been discovered here, but the produce is not sufficient to defray the expense of working it."