GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

RAVENSDEN

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"RAVENSDEN, a parish in the hundred of Barford, county Bedford, 4 miles north-east of Bedford, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The surface is rather hilly, and the soil clayey. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act in 1809. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, value £100. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient structure of stone with a square embattled tower containing five bells. The parochial charities produce about £8 per annum. There is a National school adjoining the church. The Wesleyans have a place of worship."

"CHURCH END, in the parish of Ravensden, adjoining Ravensden to the south."

"NORTHFIELDS, a hamlet in the parish of Ravensden, county of Bedfordshire, ¼ mile north east of Ravensden."

"TILWICK, a farmhouse in the parish of Ravensden, county of Bedfordshire, 2 miles north of Ravensden."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Description and Travel

Gazetteers

History

Military History

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014