[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831] (unless otherwise stated)
"RENHOLD, a parish in the hundred of BARFORD, county of BEDFORD, 3¾ Miles (north-east) from Bedford, containing 340 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £8.3.4., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of John Polhill, Esq. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The river Ouse runs through the parish. William Belcher, in 1723, gave £600 for the support of a school, in which from twenty to thirty children are educated; the annual income is about £20. In the neighbourhood are several ancient mounds, called "the Amphitheatre.""