[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"ROXTON, a parish in the hundred of BARFORD, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (S. W. by S.) from St. Neot's, containing 537 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, united to that of Great Barford, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £ 10, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Independents. The river Ouse bounds the parish on the east."