[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"SALFORD, a parish in the hundred of MANSHEAD, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (N. by W.) from Woburn containing 312 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, united, in 1750, to the rectory of Holcutt, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £7. 16 3. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."