GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

SALFORD

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"SALFORD, a parish in the hundred of Manshead, county Bedford, 4 miles north-west of Woburn, its post town. It is in conjunction with the parish of Holcutt, and is situated on Crawley Brook. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The land is partly in common. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1807. The living is a vicarage annexed to the rectory* of Holcutt, in the diocese of Ely. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, contains monuments, and a stone coffin of great antiquity, also a brass to J. Peddar, bearing date 1505. The parochial charities produce about £40 per annum. The Wesleyans have a chapel."

"SALFORD FORD, (or modern Waterhall) a hamlet in the parish of Salford, in the county of Bedford, ¼ mile south of Salford.

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Gazetteers

Military History

Societies

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014