GENUKI Home page    Sandy Parish<br>main page Sandy
Parish
main page

SANDY:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1750.

[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750]
(unless otherwise stated)

"SANDAY, (Bedfordshire) near Temsford, where the Romans built a fort, which was afterwards defended by the Saxons. A great many urns, and Roman coins without number, have formerly been dug up here, in a field called Chesterfield, bel. to gardiners. Here is the seat of Sir Hump. Monoux, Bt. and Mr. Kingsley."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie 2011]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014