[Transcribed information from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire - 1898]
" SHELTON, a parish and village, on the borders of Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire, 4 miles south from Raunds station on the Kettering and Huntingdon Section of the Midland railway, 16 north from Bedford, 7 east from Higham Ferrers and 4½ west from Kimbolton, in the Northern division of the county, hundred of Stodden, Sharnbrook petty sessional division, county court district of Thrapston, union of St. Neots, rural deanery of Riseley, archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Ely.
The soil is strong clay; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat, barley, beans and peas. The area is 946 acres; rateable value, £567; the population in 1891 was 112."