[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"SHILLINGTON, (formerly Shitlington), a parish partly in the hundred of CLIFTON, and partly in that of FLITT, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (E. S. E.) from Silsoe, containing, with the hamlets of Holywell and Lower Stondon, 1149 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage with Gravenhurst, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £18, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the President and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a large and handsome edifice, the tower was rebuilt by the parishioners in 1750."
"LOWER STONDON, a hamlet in that part of the parish of SHILLINGTON, which is in the hundred ot CLIFTON, county of BEDFORD, 3 miles (S. by E.) from Shefford, containing 135 inhabitants."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]