[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"SOUTHILL, a parish in the hundred of WIXAMTREE, county of BEDFORD, comprising the hamlets of Broom and Stanford, and the township of Southill, and containing 1165 inhabitants, of which number, 682 are in the township of Southill, 4 miles (S. W. by W.) from Biggleswade. The living is a discharged vicarage, with that of Old Warden annexed, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £11. 15., and in the patronage of W. H. Whitbread, Esq. The church, dedicated to All Saints, contains monuments of several of the Byng family, among which are those of the celebrated naval officer, Sir George Byng, the first Viscount Torrington, and of his son, Vice-Admiral the Hon. John Byng, who was executed for an alleged professional crime, though the inscription upon his coffin, engraved in brass, represents him to have fallen a martyr to political persecution. The Baptists have a place of worship here."
"BROOM, a hamlet in the parish of SOUTHILL, hundred of WIXAMTREE., county of BEDFORD, 2 miles (S. W.) from Biggleswade, containing 226 inhabitants."
"STANFORD, a hamlet in the parish of SOUTHILL, hundred of WIXAMTREE, county of BEDFORD, 3 miles (S.W. by S.) from Biggleswade, containing 257 inhabitants."