GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

STEPPINGLEY

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"STEPPINGLEY, a parish in the hundred of Redbornestoke, county Bedford, 2½ miles south west of Ampthill, its post town, and 10 south of Bedford. It is a small agricultural village, bounded on the north by the Flitt stream, flowing into the river Ouse. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £266, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Lawrence, has a tower containing four bells. The parochial charities produce about £1 per annum. The Duke of Bedford is lord of the manor."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Description and Travel

Gazetteers

Military History

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014