Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"STOTFOLD, a parish in the hundred of CLIFTON, county of BEDFORD, 2 miles (N. W.) from Baldock, containing 693 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £5. 17. 1., endowed with £1200 private benefaction, £400 royal bounty, and £ 900 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]