[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831] (unless otherwise stated)
"STREATLEY, a parish in the hundred of FLITT, county of BEDFORD, 5 miles north-west from Luton, containing, with the hamlet of Sharpenhoe, 309 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £6.15.2., endowed with £600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of - Cuthbert, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret. Richard Norton, in 1686, gave a rent-charge of £10 in support of a school, wherein eight boys are educated."