We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Studham, Bedfordshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1831.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831]
(unless otherwise stated)
"STUDHAM, a parish partly in the hundred of DACORUM, county of HERTFORD, but chiefly in the hundred of MANSHEAD, county of BEDFORD, comprising the hamlets of Humbershoe, Studham, and part of that of Market-Street, and containing 774 inhabitants, of which number, 173 are in the hamlet of Studham, 3¾ miles (south-west) from Market-Street. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £9, endowed with £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2013]