Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"STUDHAM, a parish partly in the hundred of DACORUM, county of HERTFORD, but chiefly in the hundred of MANSHEAD, county of BEDFORD, comprising the hamlets of Humbershoe, Studham, and part of that of Market-Street, and containing 774 inhabitants, of which number, 173 are in the hamlet of Studham, 3 miles (W. by S.) from Market-Street. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £9, endowed with £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
"HUMBERSHOE, a hamlet in that part of the parish of STUDHAM, which is in the hundred of MANSHEAD, county of BEDFORD, containing 363 inhabitants."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]