Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Studham, Bedfordshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1898.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1898.
[Transcribed information from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire - 1898]
"STUDHAM, a parish on the Herts border of the county, 5 miles south from Dunstable stations on the London and North Western and Great Northern railways, and 6 east from Hemel Hempstead, in the Southern division of the county and hundred of Manshead, in the petty sessional division, union and county court district of Luton, rural deanery of Dunstable, archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Ely. The parish was formerly partly in Hertfordshire, but under the provisions of the "Local Government Act, 1888" (section 54), by an Order of the Local Government Board, dated Sept. 30th, 1897, the whole is now in Bedfordshire."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2013]
[from Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]