Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"SUNDON, a parish in the hundred of FLITT, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (N. W. by N.) from Luton, containing 387 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, ju the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the King's books at £8. 6.8., endowed with £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of J. R. Cuthbert, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is partly in the decorated style of architecture. A market and fair, formerly held by royal grant in 1316, have been long disused."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]