[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750]
(unless otherwise stated)
"TEMPSFORD, (Bedfordshire) near Great-Barford, bet. Biggleswade and Eaton, a little below the conflux of the Ouse and Ivel, was the seat of the late dean Chetwood, and since of Mr. Bendish. 'Tis a well accommodated T. and was formerly noted for a castle, and a Danish camp."