GENUKI Home page    Tempsford Parish<br>main page Tempsford
Parish
main page

TEMPSFORD:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1750.

[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750]
(unless otherwise stated)

"TEMPSFORD, (Bedfordshire) near Great-Barford, bet. Biggleswade and Eaton, a little below the conflux of the Ouse and Ivel, was the seat of the late dean Chetwood, and since of Mr. Bendish. 'Tis a well accommodated T. and was formerly noted for a castle, and a Danish camp."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie 2011]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014