"TINGRITH, a parish in the hundred of Manshead, county Bedford, 4 miles south-east of Woburn, its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £176. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, contains a brass of R. Hogeson, bearing date 1611. It has recently undergone extensive alterations. The parochial charities produce about £2 per annum. The Misses Trevor are ladies of the manor and sole landowners."