GENUKI Home page    Toddington Parish<br>main page Toddington
Parish
main page

TODDINGTON:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1750.

[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750]
(unless otherwise stated)

"TUDDINGTON, (Bedfordshire) due N. of Dunstable, is 34 cm. 39 mm. from London. Here was a magnficent seat built bv Paulinus Pever, (a courtier in the R. of Henry III.) who added orchards and parks to it. A fine seat was also built here by Sir Hen. Cheney in the R. of Q. Eliz. who afterwards created him Ld. Cheney of Tuddington. Sir Hen. Johnson had a seat here, now the Earl of Strafford's. The Mt. is Th. Fairs Aug. 24, Sept. 29, Nov. 23."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie 2011]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014