[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"TURVEY, a parish in the hundred of WILLEY, county of BEDFORD, 8 miles (W. N. W.) from Bedr ford, containing 882 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £16, and in the patronage of D. C. Higgins, Esq. The church, dedicated to All Saints, contains several fine monuments of the ancient and noble family of Movdaunt. There is a place of worship for Independents. The parish lies near the border of Buckinghamshire."