[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"WILDEN, a parish in the hundred of Basford, county Beds, 5 miles north east of
Bedford. The village is situated on a ranch of the river Ouse. Lace is
made. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £400. The church
is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The charities produce about £50 per annum,
including the endowment of Peat's school."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
"EAST END, a small hamlet in the parish of Wilden, county of Bedfordshire,
1 mile east of Wilden. There is here a Baptist chapel."
"SEVICK END, a small hamlet in the parish of Wilden, county of Bedfordshire,
¾ mile south of Wilden."
by Colin Hinson ©2003
- Here are photographs of Churches etc. in the parish:
- EAST END, about 1 mile east, is a portion of this parish.
[Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]
- Genweb Bedfordshire contains a
descriptive page about Wilden.
- The BFHS Project in conjunction with Roll of Honour contains the
Wilden War Memorial transcription for WW1 and WW2 with details of the men found on it
This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014