[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750]
(unless otherwise stated)
"WILLINGTON, (Bedfordshire) not far from the r. Ouse, to the S. E. of Bedford, bel. anciently to the Beauchamps, Barons of Bedford, and afterwards to the Mowbrays; but in the R. of Henry VIII. Mr. Gostwick, a native, bought it of the then D. of Norfolk, and in his family it has continued almost ever since; but 'tis now a seat of the D. of Marlborough."