GENUKI Home page    Willington Parish<br>main page Willington
Parish
main page

WILLINGTON:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1750.

[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750]
(unless otherwise stated)

"WILLINGTON, (Bedfordshire) not far from the r. Ouse, to the S. E. of Bedford, bel. anciently to the Beauchamps, Barons of Bedford, and afterwards to the Mowbrays; but in the R. of Henry VIII. Mr. Gostwick, a native, bought it of the then D. of Norfolk, and in his family it has continued almost ever since; but 'tis now a seat of the D. of Marlborough."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie 2011]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014