[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"WILLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of WIXAMTREE, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (E.) from Bedford, containing 286 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £7. 17-j and in the patronage of the Duke of Bedford. The church, dedicated to St. Lawrence, is principally in the later style of English architecture, and contains some old monuments to the Gostwicke family. The navigable river Ouse bounds the parish on the north."