[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"WILSTEAD, (formerly Wilshampstead), a parish in the hundred of REDBORNESTOKE, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (S. E.) from Bedford, containing 749 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £9. 9. 7., and in the patronage of Lord Carteret. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists. A small charity school here is endowed with about five acres and a half of land."