GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

WILSTEAD

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"WILSTEAD, (or Wilshamstead) a parish in the hundred of Redbornestoke, county Beds, 4 miles south east of Bedford. The village is traversed by the road between Bedford and Luton. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £350. The church, dedicated to All Saints, was erected in the reign of Henry VII., and had once a tower, which fell down in 1742. It contains a brass of a priest bearing date 1450. The Wesleyans have a chapel. The charities produce about £31, of which £20 is the endowment of Wells' school.

"CHAPEL END, a hamlet in the parish of Wilstead, county of Bedfordshire, 1 mile east of Wilstead."

"DUCK END, a hamlet in the parish of Wilstead, county of Bedfordshire, ½ mile north west of Wilstead."

"LITTLEWORTH, a hamlet in the parish of Wilstead, county of Bedfordshire, 1¾ mile east north east of Wilstead."

"WILHAMSTEAD COTTON END, a hamlet in the parish of Wilstead, county of Bedfordshire, 1½ mile east north east of Wilstead."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Gazetteers

Genealogy

Military History

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014