[Transcribed information from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire - 1898]
"WOBURN SANDS, a parish on the Buckinghamshire border and on the road from Dunstable to Newport Pagnell, it is an ecclesiastical parish formed in 1867, and comprising the civil parish of Aspley Heath and parts of the parish of Aspley Guise and Wavendon, the two former being in the Southern division of the county, petty sessional division and union of Woburn, county court district of Leighton Buzzard, the latter in the union of Newport Pagnell, Bucks, all in the rural deanery of Fleete, archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Ely. The village has a station on the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London and North Western railway, 12 miles south-west from Bedford, 4 east from Bletchley, 23 north-west from Woburn and 50 from London: it is 44 miles from London by road.
The area is 1,400 acres, including 600 acres for Aspley Heath: the rateable value of which is £2,762; about 450 acres is woodland; the population in 1891 was 1,506, of which 752 are in Bucks. The population of Aspley Heath civil parish in 1891 was 451.
By Local Government Board Order 15,338, dated 24 June, 1883, Aspley Heath was made a separate civil parish, and by Order 18,187, dated March 25, 1885, part of Wavendon, in Bucks, was added to it."