In 1927 "The Victoria History of the Counties of England: Buckinghamshire" states as follows:
The area of Biddlesden parish, which was formerly 1630 acres, increased to 2052 acres between 1871 and 1881, probably under the Divided Parishes Acts of 1876 or 1879. A further extension, which gave the parish its present area, 3201 acres, was made before 1891, doubtless under the Local Government Act of 1888. A 16th-century account of the bounds of the manor shows that the extensions have been made in the east of the parish; it contains many field-names still to be found. The bounds ran by Homewood, Earlswood, Briary Coppice, Newridinge, Whitfield Wood, Evershaw, Westbury Corner, Smallye mead, Walkemead, Evershaw Bridge, and along the banks of the Ouse.
The River Ouse forms part of the western boundary, separating Biddlesden from Northamptonshire. The land is lowest in this part, under 400 ft. Towards the middle it rises slightly and reaches a height of a little over 500 ft. in the north-east. There are 560 acres of arable land with 2215 acres laid down in grass on a soil of gravel with a subsoil of limestone, and agriculture forms the main employment of the population. The numerous woods and coppices still existing, about 337 acres in extent, are evidence of the time when the woodland in the parish was probably far more extensive than at present, since the royal forest of Whittlewood in the next county lay on its northern borders. Certain woods in the manor belonged to the king as part of the forest, and he had the right of fowling and hunting throughout the manor. In 1536 Sir Francis Brian, anticipating the suppression of the foundation, desired to have the abbey of Biddlesden for himself, 'as it adjoins the forest and the king's game might be injured by another man'. [© copyright of the editors of The Victoria Histories of the Counties of England]
Biddlesdon, or Bittlesden, in the hundred and deanery of Buckingham, lies about six miles north-west of the county town, on the borders of Northamptonshire. The manor was in the reign of Henry I. the property of Robert de Meppershall, who is said by Camden to have forfeited it, for stealing one of the king's hounds; but other writers say, that it was forfeited as an escheat to the Earl of Leicester, as his lord paramount. The fact, as stated in the original record, printed in Dugdale's Monasticon, appears to be, that Robert de Meppershall having been sued in the King's Court, for stealing a dog, gave the manor to Geffrey de Clinton, the king's Chamberlain, to befriend him in the suit; but having married some time afterwards a relation of the chamberlain's, it was given back to him. After this, going to reside at his native place, Meppershall, in Bedfordshire, he neglected to pay the services due to the Earl of Leicester (as his lord paramount) for the manor of Biddlesdon, whereupon the earl seized the manor into his own hands, and gave it to Ernald de Bosco, his steward. De Bosco, being fearful that he should be obliged at some future period to restore it, gave it, with the Earl of Leicester's permission, to the monks of Gerendon, in Leicestershire, to the intent that they might found a convent of the Cistercian order at Biddlesdon, which was done accordingly, in the year 1147. The revenues of their monastery were valued in the reign of Henry VIII. at 125l. 4s. 4d. per annum. After the reformation, its site was granted, together with the manor, to Thomas Lord Wriothesley: this estate soon afterwards passed by purchase to the Peckhams: having been seized by Queen Elizabeth, in satisfaction for a debt due to the crown, she gave it to Arthur Lord Grey, on the attainder of whose son, in 1603, it reverted to the crown, and was granted in 1614 to Sir George Villiers, afterwards Duke of Buckingham. George Villiers, the second and last duke of that name, sold it in 1681 to Mr. Sayer, of whose family it was purchased by Earl Verney. Biddlesdon-house, which was for a time one of Lord Verney's seats, is now the residence of George Morgan esq. late of Abercothy, in the county of Carmarthen, who, jointly with his brother, Dr. Morgan, prebendary of Gloucester, purchased the estate in the year 1791, of Lady Fermanagh, niece of the late Earl Verney.
Browne Willis, in his history of the hundred of Buckingham, tells us, that in 1712, there were considerable remains of the abbey and conventual church; part of the east side of the cloisters, part of a tower, a small chapel, and the chapter-house, a handsome room, about forty feet square, with a vaulted roof, supported by four pillars: in the chapel was a monument of one of the Lords Zouch. The same author also mentions the tombs of Thomas Billings, Lord Chief Justice of the Court of Common-Pleas, who died in 1481: one of the Lovett family, and some others. All traces of the abbey had been so entirely destroyed by Mr. Sayer, before the publication of Mr. Willis's work, that he had not left any thing that could indicate the site of an ancient building. A modern chapel, built by Mr. Sayer, adjoining the house, serves as the parish church. Mr. Morgan is impropriator of the great tithes, and patron of the benefice, which is a donative or curacy.
The abbot and convent had, in 1315, a charter for a weekly market, at Biddlesdon, on Mondays, and a fair on the festival of St. Margaret: it is now a very small village. At Eversaw, in this parish, was formerly a chapel, dedicated to St. Nicholas.