" CRANBOURNE, an ecclesiastical parish formed March 11th, 1851, out of the parishes of Winkfield, Sunninghill and Old Windsor, is on the border of Windsor Park, 4 miles south-west from Windsor and 3 north-by-east from Ascot station on the Reading branch of the London and South-Western railway, in the Eastern division of the county, unions of Easthampstead and Windsor, petty sessional division and county court district of Windsor, rural deanery of Maidenhead, archdeaconry of Berks and diocese of Oxford. The church of St Peter is a building of flint stone in the Decorated style, consisting of chancel, nave, south transept, south porch and a western turret containing one bell; there are several stained windows; the church affords 400 sittings, 220 being free. The register dates from the year 1850. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £190, with 10 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of the Bishop of Oxford, and held since 1910 by the Rev. Arthur Edward Burdekin M.A. of St John's College, Oxford. There is a Wesleyan chapel in North St, erected 1867."
From Kelly's Directory of Berkshire (1915), transcribed by Robert Monk ©2011.
Other descriptions can be found from other periods in various trade directories covering Berkshire from the early 19th century onwards and from A Vision of Britain Through Time.