[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"ABINGTON PIGOTTS (or Abington-in-the-Clay) a parish, 5 miles north-west from Royston station on the Hitchin, Royston and Cambridge branch of the London and North Eastern railway and 14 south-west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Armingford, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union and county court district of Royston, rural deanery of Shingay and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is clayey and chalky; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat, barley and beans. The area is 1,237 acres; the population in 1921 was 149."