[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"ARRINGTON, (or Ermington), a parish in the hundred of Wetherley, in the county of Cambridge, 6 miles to the north-west of Royston railway station, and 10 south-west of Cambridge. It is situated on the old British way, Ermine Street, a little to the north of the bridge over the river Cam. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, value £69, in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge, who are impropriators of the great tithes. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is a plain ancient structure, built upon a mound in the centre of the parish. The register of marriages and burials dates from 1538, and the register of baptisms, 12 years later. Petty sessions are held in the village. The parish contains 1,388 acres, the sole property of the Earl of Hardwicke.
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]