[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"ARRINGTON is a parish, on the Ermine Street about 3 miles south from Old North Road station or the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London Midland and Scottish railway, 6 north-west from Royston and 10 south-west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Wetherley, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union of Caxton, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Barton, archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil clayey; subsoil, chalk and gault. The chief crops are wheat oats and beans, and there is also a large amount of pasture. The area is 1,407 acres; the population in 1921 was 200."