GENUKI Home page    Ashley Parish<br>main page Ashley
Parish
main page

ASHLEY:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)

"ASHLEY, a parish in the hundred of CHEVELEY, county of CAMBRIDGE, 3 miles (E. by S.) from Newmarket, containing, with the parish of Silverley, 351 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, with the vicarage of Silverley annexed, in the archdeaconry of Sudbury, and diocese of Norwich, rated in the king's books at £ 8, and in the patronage of the Earl of Guilford. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."

"SILVERLEY, a hamlet in the parish of Ashley, in the hundred of CHEVELEY, county of CAMBRIDGE, 3 miles (E.) from Newmarket. The population is returned with the parish of Ashley. The living is a vicarage, united to the rectory of Ashley, in the archdeaconry of Sudbury, and diocese of Norwich, rated in the king's books at £7. 17. 3. The church is dedicated to All Saints."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie 2010]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014