GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire   NeighboursNearby places

ASHLEY

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"ASHLEY, a parish in the hundred of Cheveley, in the county of Cambridge, 3½ miles to the east of Newmarket, and 63 from London. It includes the hamlet of Silverley. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value with the vicarage of Silverley, £150, in the patronage of the Hon. W. R. J. North. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, was built in 1845. There is a national school. The Hon. W. H. North is lord of the manor.

"SILVERLEY, a hamlet in the parish of Ashley, hundred of Cheveley, county Cambridge, 4 miles south-east of Newmarket, its post town. It was formerly a separate parish. There is no village, only two or three farmhouses. The living is a vicarage annexed to the rectory of Ashley, in the diocese of Ely. The church is in ruins."

[Transcribed mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Community Websites

Gazetteers

Military History

Probate Records

Taxation

This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014