[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"BABRAHAM, a parish in the hundred of CHILFORD, county of CAMBRIDGE, 4 miles (N. W.) .from Lhiton, containing 238 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £6. 5. 10., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. Here is a school for poor children, the master of which has a salary of £20 per annum, arising from a bequest, in 1723, by Judith. Bennet, who also left £.25 per an*- num for apprenticing boys, and £30 per annum towards -the support of six poor widows."