[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"BABRAHAM (anciently called Badburgham) is a parish and village, in a quiet rural spot on a branch of the river Granta at the foot of the Gog-Magog hills, 2 miles north from Pampisford station and 2¾ north-east from Whittlesford station both on the London North Eastern railway, 4½ north-west from Linton and 7 south-east from Cambridge, in the hundred of Chilford, union and petty sessional division of Linton county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Camps and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is gravel and chalk; subsoil chalk. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 2,307 acres; the population in 1921 was 238."