Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"BALSHAM is a parish and village, 4 miles north-north-east from Linton station, 4 north from Bartlow station on the Cambridge and Sudbury section of the London and North Eastern railway, and 10 south-east from Cambridge, in the hundred of Radfield, union and petty sessional division of Linton, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Camps and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is clay and chalk; subsoil, chalk. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 4,550 acres; the population in 1921 was 654."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]