[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"BARRINGTON is a parish and village, on the river Cam, 1 mile north from Foxton station on the Hitchin and Royston section of the London and North Eastern railway, 7 south-west from Cambridge and about the same distance north-east from Royston, in the hundred of Wetherley, district of Orwell, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union and county court district of Royston, rural deanery of Barston and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is clunch, clay and gault; subsoil, gault. The chief crops are wheat, barley and beans. The area is 2,275 acres of land and 7 of water; the population in 1921 was 459."