"BARRINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Wetherley, in the county of Cambridge, 7 miles to the south-west of Cambridge, and about the same distance north of Royston, its post town. It is situated on the river Rhea, near one mile from Foxton railway station. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £107, in the gift of the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge, who are also lords of the manor. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient structure, with embattled tower, and a chapel contiguous to the north aisle, which is now used as a burial-place of the Bendyshe family. There is a handsome Independent chapel, erected in 1856, and a National school for boys and girls. The charitable endowments amount to £43. There was formerly a market held here on Mondays, granted in the year 1335 to Thomas de Heslarton, together with a fair for three days at the Feast of St. Margaret, but these have long been disused."