[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"BARTON, a parish in the hundred of WETHERLEY, county of CAMBRIDGE, 3 miles (W. S. W.) from Cambridge, containing 273 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £8. 11. 3., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Ely. The church is dedicated to St. Peter."