[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"BOTTISHAM, is a large parish and village, on the road from Newmarket to Cambridge, 3 miles north-west from Six Mile Bottom station on the London and North Eastern railway and 2 miles south from Bottisham and Lode station on the Cambridge and Fordham section of the same line, 6 west from Newmarket and 7 east from Cambridge; it is the head of a petty sessions division and in the hundred of Staine, Newmarket union and county court district, rural deanery of Quy and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is loamy subsoil, chalk. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area of the parish is 2,854; acres the population in 1921 was 624.
Lode, Longmeadow and Fen were by Local Government Board Order, separated from Bottiaham in 1894, and are to be found under the heading of Lode.
Bottisham was anciently Bodekysham and Bottlesham."