[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"BOURN, a parish in the hundred of LONGSTOW, county of CAMBRIDGE, if mile (S. E. by E.) from Caxton, containing 752 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £9. 15. 10., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Christ's College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. Bourn castle was destroyed in the reign of Henry III., during the war with the barons. A mineral spring here was formerly in high repute, but it is now neglected."