[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"BOXWORTH, a parish in the hundred of PAPWORTH, county of CAMBRIDGE, 65 miles (N. E. by N.) from Caxton, containing 317 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £ 18. 12. S., and in the patronage of George Thornhill, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, contains a monumental bust of Dr. Saunderson, F.R.S., the blind professor of mathematics at the University of Cambridge; he died and was buried here, in 1759."