GENUKI Home page    Boxworth Parish<br>main page Boxworth
Parish
main page

BOXWORTH:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]

"BOXWORTH is a parish about 4 miles south-west from Swavesey station on the St. Ives and Cambridge branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 8 north-west from Cambridge and 9½ south-east from Huntingdon, in the hundred of Papworth, petty sessions division of Cambridge, union of St. Ives, county court district of Huntingdon, rural deanery of Bourn and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.

The soil is of a stiff clayey nature, with a blue gault subsoil, beneath which in many places is found a hard chalky rock. The area is 2,602 acres; the population in 1921 was 243."

[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards 2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson 2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014